posted @ 12:00am, Wednesday 15 April 2009.
REIDIN.com INDEXFocus Turkey
March 2009 Real Estate Sector Analysis - Residential
Date: April 15, 2009
Location: Istanbul, Dubai, London
The monthly and yearly earning yields of residential real estates in 6 large cities of Turkey (Adana, Ankara, Bursa, Istanbul, Izmir and Kocaeli) for the period March 2009 were calculated by using the "monthly price/square meter median sales and rent values" compiled by REIDIN.COM and weighed according to the populations in these cities.
When the residential real estate investments and the financial investment instruments are adjusted by inflation rate according to the Consumer Price Index (CPI), it is seen that the investment instrument having the highest monthly real return is the Euro.
When adjusted by inflation rate according to the Consumer Price Index, the residential real estate investments caused a loss to the investors in real terms in March 2009. Accordingly, the rate of loss in real terms is 0.54% in Adana, 0.56% in Ankara, 0.56% in Bursa, 0.56% in Istanbul, 0.62% in Izmir and 0.56% in Kocaeli on monthly basis.
When adjusted by inflation rate according to the Consumer Price Index (1.10%), the monthly real profit rate of investors of Euro, US Dollar and Gold (ingot) were 3.86%, 1.78%, and 0.30% respectively, while the Deposit Interest Rate and the Istanbul Stock Exchange (ISE-100 Index) posted losses of 0.11% and 4.67% respectively.
The residential sales prices in Turkey's major 6 cities fell at significant rates in March compared to February of this year. During that period, residential sales price fell 3.78% in Izmir, 1.40% in Ankara, 1.29% in Kocaeli, 0.74% in Adana, 0.46% in Bursa and 0.43% in Istanbul.
The residential rent prices fell 6.21% in Kocaeli, 3.47% in Istanbul, 2.58% in Bursa, 1.35% in Adana and 0.67% in Izmir. Ankara was also the only city that the rent prices did not change during that period.
More information is available at indexfocus.reidin.com
About REIDIN.com INDEXFocus:
Currently available for Turkey only
- November 2014
- >> Turkish Real Estate Market Overview - November 2014
- >> Dubai residential real estate – Heading for cooler times
- >> REIDIN.com Turkey Real Estate Indices: October 2014 Results
- >> Dubai: Amidst a Slowdown, Underlying Strength
- >> Dubai/Abu Dhabi Residential Property Price Indices: September 2014 Results
- October 2014
- >> Turkish Real Estate Market Overview - October 2014
- >> Turkey Residential Market Trend and Foreign Investments in 2014 (in Arabic)
- >> With an expanding significance of freehold in Dubai, land prices are expected to rise
- >> REIDIN.com Turkey Real Estate Indices: September 2014 Results
- >> UAE Residential Market Overview - September 2014