PropertyGuru.com.my is the premier Malaysia Property website - the best place to start your real estate search whether you are an investor, buying for own use, or looking for a place to rent.
Gombak land office still checking settlers' legitimacy
Jul 17, 2012
Due to the large number of people involved, the Gombak Land office is still checking the documents of residents entitled to a house under the Bukit Botak resettlement scheme.
Jurasmadi Pauzi, Assistant District Officer (Gombak district), revealed that 1,406 names were listed in the scheme, of which 687 lots were drawn for Phase One and 394 in Phase Two.
"We are still checking the documents to verify their legitimacy," he said in a report by Star Property.
"There are some settlers who have land titles but they are not the original settlers who had stayed here."
"In this case, we could give them compensation but not a house. And if these settlers want to buy a house, they have to buy it at the market price, not what the state has offered to those who qualified under the scheme."
He added that settlers can buy the house, which cost RM170,000 each, at a subsidised price of RM99,000.
Aside from that, 48 former Bukit Botak settlers had to draw lots again since their lots - around 12 hectares and involving 100 houses - were situated on Malay Reserve Land.
"We discussed this matter with Selangor Economic Development Corporation (PKNS) - the developers of the Bukit Botak project - and they agreed that 48 people had to re-draw their lots as under the Land Enactment, Malay Reserve Land is only for welfare and Malay rights."
Meanwhile, over 30 families from a squatter settlement at Kampong Kerayong received their keys for public housing in PPR Muhibbah, Jalan Puchong. However, as many as 11 households have not yet received their units.
The remaining residents are uncertain about the status of their public housing applications and are worried because they must vacate the area due to the Kwangtung Cemetery expansion.
Frankie Gan Joon Zin, Deputy Chief at Federal Territory MCA 1Malaysia, said he only knew of the situation on 11 July.
"Once I was alerted by the Kampong Kerayong residents, I contacted Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) to find out how nearly 75 percent of the residents have moved into public housing, but why were these people left out." "After enquiring with the housing department, I was told that these households' applications had been marked 'no decision taken' (keputusan belum diambil)," noted Gan.
Hence, Gan will visit the remaining families at Kampong Kerayong to gather information.
"It's an exercise to find out the actual number of residents in a household and the names of the applicants, as some of the houses contain more than one family and since the last census, the original applicant may have passed on but the family still needs a place to stay," he added.